BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One Step Forward... Two Steps Back

It has been a pretty frustrating week at my house. I don't mean to complain and I certainly realize how fortunate we are to be dealing with only minor damage from Hurricane Ike compared with others in our area.

Yesterday the roofers came on a day when we had a 50% chance of rain. When the downpour came, the roof was not tarped in time to prevent some leaking inside the house. It's not major, but we have one area of the ceiling that now needs repairing. We went to bed last night so frustrated that we seem to get one thing fixed while adding a few new things to a list of repairs that grows longer and longer.

Maybe it seems like a loose comparison to make, but it reminds me a lot of the very frustrating battle we've had with recurrent miscarriage. Just when we feel certain that we have things figured out and we may actually make some progress, we find another problem that must be overcome. We add another thing to the list of "repairs."

The obvious difference is that we have some control over these house repairs. It's difficult, time consuming, and expensive, but it will get done. I'd love to have the same assurances for conceiving and carrying a child rather than this feeling of just treading water.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, Stace, I'm so sorry...

I know! This weekend we'll stuff ourselves silly with Mom's hamburgers and cookie cake. Mom and I will love on you real good too! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, just treading water!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yuck!!

I love the illusion of treading water. How true is that!

**HUGS**