BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Home from NYC

It was an amazing trip to the Big Apple! We have been resting all weekend long and I think we are beginning to recover after a crazy 3 days in New York. Here's the rundown of all the stuff we saw and did:

Day 1:
Statue of Liberty
Ellis Island Immigration Museum
Chrysler Building
Serendipity for dessert (frozen hot chocolate... Mmm)
Plaza Hotel
FAO Schwarz
Trump Tower
Macy's

Day 2:
Empire State Building
Museum of Modern Art (fantastic Van Gogh exhibit and lots of other amazing stuff)
Central Park
Ed Sullivan Theater
Carnegie Hall
Broadway (we saw Hairspray! It was a blast!)
Times Square

Day 3:
Rockefeller Center (NBC Studios tour - so much fun!)
"Top of the Rock"
Radio City Music Hall
Flatiron Building
Greenwich Village/Washington Square Arch
Wall Street

Wow! We packed those 3 days with as much as possible. We traveled by subway and taxi but mostly by our aching feet. Thankfully, the weather was absolutely perfect while we were there. There were a few things we wanted to see but didn't get to, like Madam Tussaud's wax museum, the Brooklyn Bridge, the U.N. Building, and Grant's Tomb, but I guess we'll have to go back again someday.
I certainly missed keeping up with all of your blogs while I was gone. I will be very busy with that now that things are unpacked and the laundry is done! I can't wait to hear what you've all been up to.

Finally, here are a few pictures from the trip:


Lovely Lady Liberty

Times Square at night

The Empire State Building at night


View of the city from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building


View of Central Park from the top of Rockefeller Center

Ah, one of my favorite TV shows! Unfortunately, the show was on hiatus last week so we didn't get to be part of the audience. I did, however, run into Rupert from the Hello Deli and he posed for a picture with me! :)

Chuck and me in beautiful Central Park.
I'm sad to see it end but it felt great to come home to life in the suburbs! What's your favorite thing to see in New York City?

7 comments:

Sunny said...

Hiya, lady! I was hoping that y'all had a great time. I l-o-v-e New York! You guys packed a TON of stuff in that three days! Holy cow! I was reading (and reading) down your list and cannot believe all that you all did. To answer your blog question, though, I would have to say that seeing Wicked was my highlight! I stayed away from all the historic/landmark stuff (except Macy's and MoNH) because I wanted to do that stuff with Mr. for the first time. I love theatre though and so was seriously sitting with chills the whole time during Wicked. Glad y'all are safe and sound back in the south.

I Believe in Miracles said...

WOW!! That's a lot of stuff. I'm so glad you had a great time. You were missed while you were gone. :o)
Favorite thing to do in NYC - walk in Central Park.
***HUGS***

katdish said...

Hey girl!

I was just checking in because I hadn't seen any yellow flowers or fisher price toys in the blogosphere. Glad you're home safely. And, laundry is way over-rated.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time.
It's been 20 years since I was last in NYC and I can't really recall much of that last trip. So I wouldn't know what to pick as my most favorite place, but I loved Central Park!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip! That does sound like a packed 3 days, but so fun.

It's so hard to pick a favorite part about the city. I liked Grand Central Station and the Met. And of course Times Square! Oh yeah and St. Patrick's was amazing. We didn't go to a lot of the places you did so now I want to go back and fit all of that in!

Amy said...

What a wonderful trip for you! It sounds like you packed as much in as my husband and I did last year. It is fun to be tourists. I would love to go back again now that we have seen the tourist stuff, and see the lesser visited parts of the city. You guys got your money's worth, that's for sure!
My favorite part of our trip was going to Brighton Beach which is known as Little Russia. We went out there with a church we were visiting for a beach baptism, and it was just like a different world. I loved the change in culture. Central Park is wonderful, too....such a getaway from the big city.
Glad you got home safely!

Jenileigh said...

I've always wanted to go to New York. Your pictures are great and I'm so glad you have a great time. You really did get to do a lot! Hugs!