BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 17, 2008

Birthday Boy


Today is my husband’s birthday. I’ll call him Chuck here because it’s an inside joke but that is not really his name. I want to tell you a few things about him in honor of his day.
Friends, I married a man who is very silly. He is also smart, talented, kind, and sweet and I love all of that but what I love most is that he is a goofball. He has been making me laugh for 12 years and I’m sure he has many more tricks up his sleeve. He certainly knows when to be serious but most days he makes me feel like a kid again.

Chuck is the kind of guy who leaves crazy things around the house for me to find. And he will wait a year if it takes that long for me to find it. When we visit my sister he adds funny items to her shopping list. When I used to keep those alphabet magnets on our fridge when my nephews were smaller, I always found hilarious messages he’d left for me. Once when I left my scrapbooking supplies out overnight he meticulously picked out the letters to spell “I love you” for me to find the next day.

He’s the kind of guy who draws designs on his bread with the mustard just for fun. He likes to make ninja stars out of dollar bills and spell out his name on a restaurant table with empty peanut shells. He goes around and takes silly pictures with the digital camera so that when I look through them later I can have a laugh.

He is also the kind of guy who makes me a homemade Valentine card every year. I don’t just mean construction paper hearts, but well-thought-out and beautifully made cards that have something to do with an experience we’ve shared or an interest I have. While I’m usually cold he is always warm. On especially cold evenings he will get in on my side of the bed while I’m brushing my teeth so it will be warm when I go to bed. He doesn't mind getting dirty and loves to work with power tools, but doesn’t complain about watching chick flicks with me. I love that he is truly a man of many talents. He keeps me up to date on new technology, is a great cook, and knows how to sew on a button. He has rarely been unable to do something I've asked him to do.

The past several years have brought many trials with them, but he has stood beside me and reassured me of his love, support, and faith during the worst of times. We’ve had plenty of bad days to go along with the good ones but we trust that God knew exactly what He was doing (as He always does) when he put us together.

I love my husband and I don’t know how I would have gotten through this struggle without him. I know that so many of you would say the same about your wonderful spouses. Today I want to celebrate mine!

Happy Birthday, Honey.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Chuck!!!!!!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Happy birthday to Chuck!!

For Random Reassurance Week, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your support and your ways of outreach. Although you talk about being luck to have Chuck, he is indeed lucky to have you too!!
**HUGS**

Amy said...

A wonderful post about your wonderful hubby. Happy Birthday, Chuck!

P.S. If you guys are ever packing up to move and you don't want to be embarrassed in front of the friends that help you load up, don't let him read this article. Trust me on this one. :)

Sunny said...

Happy Birthday, Huckle-Chuck! Aww, I could tell he was a good dooby but now I like him even more after all the things you've shared about him. What a blessing it is to know that forever afters are truly happening still!

Andrea said...

I hope your husband had a wonderful birthday!

This is one of the sweetest posts I've ever read. He sounds like such a great guy :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes and kind words. And, yes, I feel very lucky to have Stacey as well!

And thank you Stacey for everything. You inspire me to be a better man.

Chuck

andrea_jennine said...

Sweet tribute!