So, here goes. First of all, I was given the Honest Scrap award by Katie way back in November. Katie is a sweet and funny gal whose blog always makes me smile (that is, when it's not making me cry). She has been through a lot and has shown such strength and determination. Thanks, Katie!
This is how this award thing works- some awesome person passes the award to you, and you in turn write 10 HONEST things about yourself and pass on to another awesome person!
I've decided I want to know 10 honest things about Erin at Loss of Great Expectations. Erin has a fairly new blog, so it would be great if you would go over and show her some love and support as she shares her story!
Next, I have received the Beautiful Blogger award from four sweet friends over the past few months. Thank you Michelle from To Baby and Beyond, A from Remember All the Way, Tammy from Tammy's Journey, and Michelle from All in God's Time. I consider each of these ladies to be such dear friends. They have encouraged me so much along the way and remained faithful and hopeful through their own struggles. I am in the company of some truly remarkable women!
Here are the rules for the award:
~Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
~Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
~Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
~Nominate 7 bloggers that you love and link to their blog.
Here are my 7 "interesting" things:
1. I grew up in a very small town in Southern Louisiana. I adore my home state and I enjoy every moment that we spend visiting there. The food, the people, the atmosphere – you just can't beat it. Let me tell you, right now the entire state is on Cloud 9 after the Saints have won the Super Bowl! This is the first year in my entire life that I’ve ever been interested in the big game, but I was absolutely thrilled with the outcome. Yay Saints!!
2. I would love to be able to speak fluent French. Having grown up in Louisiana, I took many years of French in grade school and high school, but I haven’t retained very much. All of my grandparents spoke/speak French, and my parents understand it but don’t speak very much of it. My great-grandparents all spoke it as their primary language. It’s a part of my heritage that I would be sad to lose.
3. This may disappoint my dear pet-loving friends, but I am totally grossed out by pet hair! I don’t like the thought of it in general, but especially not on my clothes or in my house or anyplace close to where I’m eating. I know it’s extreme, but I’m serious! Although we had a sweet little beagle as a outdoor pet when we were first married, we do not currently have any pets (hairless or otherwise).
4. At last count, there were about 100 different blogs in my feedreader. I probably add one or two new ones every month. The vast majority of them are infertility-related blogs, but there are a few other blogs about decorating, etc. that I like to stalk. I find it very satisfying to get my unread news all the way down to zero, although it doesn’t stay that way for very long! It is definitely a challenge to actively follow that many blogs but I enjoy it very much and have “met” some great people.
5. I am married to a wonderful man who is incredibly resourceful. My husband has a mind that never quits. He is very smart and can figure out how to do just about anything. He loves to know how things work and has become quite the do-it-yourself-er. He will absolutely find a way to carry out any idea or plan that he has, and I really admire him for that. If he can’t find what he’s looking for in a store, then he’ll just make his own version of whatever it is. This is a quality he inherited from his precious grandfather and I’m so thankful for that. It has made for a very interesting marriage!
6. I am an Elvis fan. I grew up listening to his music (my mom has always been a fan) and have always loved it. I have been to Graceland twice, once when I was little and again about 7 years ago, but I have never been inside the house. It’s something I’d really love to do someday.
7. My mom and family are getting ready to move this weekend from the house they’ve lived in since I was 11 years old. We will be heading over there to lend a hand (don’t worry, by “we” I mostly mean “my husband”), and I’m already thinking of a sentimental post or two to write about the whole thing. I’m very excited for them, and I have to say, I wasn’t expecting this mixed bag of emotions I’m feeling about it. There will be more to come on this later, I'm sure.
I'm very happy to pass this award on to the following beautiful bloggers:
Rebekah at Life After Levi
Kathryn at This 'n That From on the Mountain
Deni at Making our Troxclair Family
Jessica at Marking Adoption Journeys with Joy
Andrea at Life, Love, & Pursuit of our Fairytale
Rebecca at Something I'm Not
Becky at Day by Day
I hope you'll stop by and visit their blogs. You'll find some amazing women with different stories and from different walks of life, but each has earned the title of Beautiful Blogger in my book!
*I know that I have two other awards to get to, but I'll get to those in a later post, hopefully soon! Thanks, friends!