(Note: This is the second of two award posts I've done this week. If I told you I gave you an award and you don't see it here, it may be on the first post HERE.) :)
I have two more awards in my possession that I need to pass along! I'll get right to it. First, last month I was give the Making Lemonade out of Lemons award by A from Remember All the Way. Thank you, A! This is a sweet award because it recognizes bloggers who display a positive attitude. Now, to me this doesn't mean being all happy and joy all the time, but it means remaining hopeful and positive even through hard times! When I think of a blogger with a positive outlook, I definitely think of A. But since I can't give it back to her, I'm passing it along to 10 other sweet friends who have also earned it!
Here is the award followed by the rules:
- Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Now here are the 10 gracious bloggers I'd like to pass this award to. I am constantly encouraged by each of them and their amazing attitudes and outlooks.
Sunny at Progress Not Perfection
Melody at Life is a Bowl of Wedgies
Jennifer at Thoughts From a Blonde
Michele at BTW... We Did Not "Just Relax"
Erica at Parenthood for Me
Abby at LIFE as I Know it
Stacy at In Its Time
Asha at And So it Goes...
Alicia at Consider it All Joy
Idgie at A Long and Winding Road
Congratulations, ladies! Thanks for encouraging me to keep making lemonade out of lemons!
Next, I was given the very cute Sugar Doll award from a very cute blog friend, Jennifer at Thoughts from a Blonde. Thanks, Jennifer! Getting to know you has been really fun so far and I'm so fortunate to have such sweet people like you walking beside me on this road.
Here is the award:
The rules are simply to copy the award to your own blog, tell your readers 10 things about yourself, and pass it along!
Whew! Okay, here are 10 things about yours truly. I've tried to keep it brief this time!
1. My favorite colors are green, brown, and red. All three colors appear on the walls in different rooms of my house.
2. I don’t like the taste of coffee or tea.
3. I have absolutely no musical talent. The only musical instrument I play is guitar on Rock Band Wii. :) My husband, on the other hand, plays the actual guitar and is currently doing a great job learning how to play the drums! He alternates playing drums and guitar on the praise team at our church.
4. My husband and I have three adorable nephews, ages 9 years and 7 years (my sister’s boys), and 10 months (his brother’s son). I actually have 4 more nieces and 1 more nephew, if you also count the children of my half-siblings. Two of my nieces are married and have children of their own, which makes me a great-aunt.
5. I love to eat seafood. I’m sure living my whole life near the Gulf coast has contributed to this, but I can’t get enough of it. I especially love fish, shrimp, and crawfish.
6. I had my vision corrected with LASIK eye surgery 2 years ago. I was pretty scared, but it didn’t hurt a bit and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made!
7. We take lots of pictures and I love to scrapbook them. Scrapbooking is definitely one of my favorite hobbies, but unfortunately I neglect it sometimes. Other times I’m holed up in my scrapbook room and people don’t see or hear from me for days. :)
8. I would absolutely love to visit all 50 states. So far I have been to 21 of them, which I guess isn’t a bad start. I still have lots of traveling to do! I have mostly been all over the south and to parts of the east coast. The only places west of Texas that I’ve been to are Colorado and California. How many U.S. states have you visited? If it’s more than 21 I will probably be jealous!
9. I have visited 21 states but have only lived in 2 of them. I lived in Louisiana for the first 24 years of my life and have lived in Texas for the last 9 years.
10. I love all kinds of movies, but some of my absolute favorites are movies based on Jane Austen novels, Victorian literature, and just BBC miniseries in general. I’m a sucker for those! I love getting lost in that world for a little while.
I'd like to give this award to some special blog friends who write about all kinds of interesting things, from life to homemaking, from renovating to decorating, from singlehood to motherhood, from faith to family -- all are special to me and I love their blogs!
Lauren at Thread by Thread
TRS at Single Solitary Things
Amy at Inside the Parsonage
Faith at Millerhomestead's Blog
Anna at Anna's Joy
Click on any one of these blogs (or all of them) and you're bound to find something you like or can relate to! And ladies, thanks for being such beautiful and talented women that I'm happy to know.