BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 11, 2009

A Surprise or Two

I'm a bit later than I wanted to be on updating you on our appointment last Friday (can't believe a whole week has passed already!), but here goes.

Chuck and I traveled to Houston in the freezing rain for our appointment at 8:45. We had our ultrasound and everything looked really good. We were hoping for ovulation, and we were happy to find out for certain that we had it. We decided, along with our doctor, to go ahead with an IUI to hopefully increase our chances of conception. He did it that day and we're now halfway through the 2 week wait, hoping for a chance at another pregnancy and trusting the Lord either way.

I always get anywhere between a little bit nervous and extremely nervous when going to appointments. As crazy as the day was with a chance of snow in Houston last Friday, the weather actually provided a nice distraction from our worries. There was even a nice hour-long break where we sat in the little cafe on the building's first floor, listening to Christmas music and eating breakfast while watching the snow fall. We actually felt... peaceful.

It was pretty surreal. Snow is certainly rare where we live, but this is the second year in a row that I've felt like it was like a special gift from God just to us! (Here is the post about last year's snow.)

I remembered that my digital camera was in my purse, so we snapped a few photos. Trust me, I'm not always all-smiles at my doctor's appointments, but I was excited to see the snow! Here I am in the parking lot:


Here's one where you can really see it coming down. This is a statue outside of the front of the building where our doctor's office is located. (Notice how one snowflake looks like a heart!)


And here we are back at home in our back yard. Unfortunately, the snow didn't stick like it did last year, but we still enjoyed it so much! We were more than happy to have something else to think about.


Thanks so much to all of you who left comments on the last post and sent e-mails saying you were praying for us! We truly felt it and we are so thankful for each of you. I'll keep you posted.

19 comments:

Life In Mazes said...

Prayers abound!!!!!!!!!

Connie said...

<3

Joy@WDDCH said...

Woo hoo!

twondra said...

Love the pictures and yes, one does look like a heart! Too cool!!!

Definitely praying for you guys!!

Kate said...

I'm so glad to hear that the day went well. I get super nervous for my appointments, too. You're in my prayers.

beth ewing said...

how exciting. i know the 2ww is horrible though. it's a mix of excitement and nervousness. praying for you guys.

Michelle said...

I am praying that you get a GREAT BFP CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Dan & Hillary said...

Praying, praying for you from California... God knows the desires of your heart. I love the heart snowflake!

Melody said...

So excited about this and praying!!!!!

Alicia said...

Snow??? in Houston? How fun!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We had to go to our appointment in a complete blizzard. We're crazy though!

I will be praying for you and may peace be yours during the 2ww :)

Amy said...

Praying for a scary next nine months for you!

Wishing you BFPs and morning sickness, stretch marks, heartburn, and a beautiful bundle of joy that will keep you up all night for years to come.

Okay, it looks bad when I write it out, but you know what I mean. :)

Andrea said...

I'm glad the 2ww is going fast for you! That's really neat that it snowed the day of your appointment! The pictures are so cute...I love your scarf!

Abby said...

I'm praying you have a peaceful week and that it goes by quickly! Waiting is hard but I'm praying for you!!!

Jenn said...

Oh Stace, how very exciting and encouraging. So glad about the appointment. The outcome will all be worth it! Very well put Amy...haha! And I told my husband the very same thing...the snow was sent just for me! Isn't it great how Jesus loves us!! :)

Sunny said...

the 2ww is agonizing!!!!!!! Hopefully, you'll be having great news for Christmas. I know it only propels the worries, but one step at a time is what I try to tell myself (constantly!). Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Glad it went well! Praying for the best.
-andreajennine

R said...

Praying for you!!

Sharon said...

Thinking of you guys and praying...

Indy said...

Your two week wait is almost half way through...can't wait to hear the outcome. I am praying for you, Stacey.