BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In Other News

Tomorrow we are leaving to spend time with our families for Thanksgiving. We will go see my in-laws first and then head to my sister's house. We love that we get to see both sides of the family for the holidays! Yes, it will be a good chunk of time in the car but we've got our favorite Christmas music ready to go. I have decided to stay all next week at my mom's house to spend time with her. It has been a long time since I've been able to do that and I'm looking forward to it. I joked with her that it will be like returning to the Stone Age - she doesn't own a computer, and I can't get a cell phone signal at her house!

As much as I will miss reading all of your blogs for the next week and a half, it will be kind of nice to spend some quiet time in the country. I have packed several books that have been on the nightstand waiting to be read. I plan on at least starting Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (book 3 in the Eragon or Inheritance series) and/or The Host by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer. Speaking of Twilight, I'm finally going to see the movie this weekend! I haven't gone yet because my mom, sister, brother and I had agreed to wait and see it together. After hearing a few mixed reviews from friends, I can't wait to go check it out for myself.

I will be eager to catch up with all of you when I get home. Please know you will all be in my prayers next week. I plan on keeping a prayer journal just for you while I'm away. I'm thankful for you guys!

One final note: please pray for my husband's grandmother and the whole family. She is not doing well at all and we fear it may be a very hard time this weekend. Your prayers would mean so much to us!

13 comments:

Amy said...

Stacey,

Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. I hope for you a wonderful holiday and a lovely week spent with your mom. Be Blessed and enjoy.

amy

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic time Stacey! I will miss you!
(((Hugs)))

Sunny said...

Stacey, I hope you have a great time with your fam! You and Chuck be safe on the road. "Talk" to ya when you return!

twondra said...

Hope you have a great week! Your family is definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

andrea_jennine said...

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Teresa & Connie said...

Have SO much fun Stacey! Give Louisiana a big hug and kiss for me and tell her that I miss her terribly. She'll remember me, I'm the one that cried all over her the last time I had to leave her. *Sigh* haha. Happy Thanksgiving and I'll keep you in my prayers as well as your husband's grandma. (((Hugs)))

Amy said...

Adding Chuck's grandmother to my prayer list.

Your holiday plans sound like fun. Lots of people in multiple places is just about doable for me if separated by long drives with good music.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Alicia said...

Have a very happy thanksgiving holiday with your family!! ENJOY the quiet week away with your mom :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

I hope you have a great time. Praying for your famiy, a safe trip... and more. You will be missed.
***HUGS***

Amy said...

Oh, we'll miss you! I was just thinking I need to email you, but I'll hold off til you get back. I hope you have a wonderful time with your families, and next week with your mom. I'm sure she will adore the time with you.

Becky said...

I hope your having a good week:) Some time in the country sounds so nice, peaceful and calm

Joy said...

Saw you at The Statistical Bullet and wanted to tell you that there are no words but I do have a HUGE hug for you! I'm so sorry for all you have gone through.

Connie said...

We miss you already! :(

Can't wait for Christmas! XOXO