Do you know anyone who talks about just one thing every time you see them? If so, does it bug you? I know there are certain friends of mine who also follow the NBA, so when I see them we talk about it some. It's something we have in common, so that's understandable. Certainly we can also have conversations with friends about things we don't have in common. That's what makes life interesting. But let's just say, for example, that I love pizza (which is true!). Let's say I love it so much that it's all I can talk about. I don't care if you hate it and the very idea of it makes you want to run for the hills. I'm going to talk about its cheesy goodness every time I see you. Sometimes I like thick crust, sometimes thin. I like pepperoni. But oh, the mushrooms. I love mushrooms! I know we talked about pizza for 5 hours the last time I saw you, but let's spend some more time talking about how yummy it is. That would get kinda old, right?
I don't want to be this person, about infertility or pizza or anything else! So I've decided to add a new feature to this blog called In Other News. I still write this blog because of infertility, and it is helping me sort out my feelings in a major way. Your comments encourage me beyond words! But of course there's much more to me (and you) besides the problems we face. Every so often, let's chat about something that's not infertility. I love movies, TV, books, and music, so I'm sure those topics will be popping up here and there. Life isn't always exciting here in my bubble, but I'll try to find some interesting things to talk about that are just a part of everyday life.
So, here's what's going on in my life In Other News at the end of August:
- I just got shipping confirmation on my copy of Prison Break, Season 3. That means soon I can clear off about 11 hours from my DVR and get ready to start watching the new season. On September 1, I'll be on the couch catching up with Michael Scofield and company. I can't wait! I'm also excited about the new season of The Office, starting September 25.
- My husband and I just joined Netflix earlier this month and are enjoying having a steady stream of DVDs to watch. I'm sure I'll log way too many hours of couch potato time but I'm not too concerned about it. As long as my house is clean and I have some semblance of a social life, I'm ok with that.
- I haven't had a haircut in over 5 months. I don't know why the only times I remember to call and schedule one it's always on a Monday when they're closed. My hair has grown quite long, which doesn't go well with summertime in Texas. Hopefully soon I'll lose about 3-4 inches.
- I am currently addicted to the Veggie Sammies from Quizno's. Lettuce, tomato, mushrooms (yeah!), cheese, black olives, guacamole, and red wine vinaigrette on toasted flatbread. I like to hold the onions and add pickles. Make it a combo with two of these, chips, and a Dr Pepper and now you've got something. Yum.
- Last night I started reading the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I'm not usually all about vampire books but I do like a good young adult series now and again. After reading some good reviews lately about this series and hearing a few friends recommend it, I've decided to give it a try. Thanks, Emily for your own thoughts on this!
One more thing in other news: if you wouldn't mind, please pray for my friend John. He's going through a hard time right now as a newly-single father with two young daughters. They need lots of prayer and support. Thanks!